Better Wages and Corporate Accountability to Workers in the Global Supply Chain
Two years after the Rana Plaza collapse in Bangladesh, abuses continue. Workplace violence and wage theft are common; and the survivors of fires and factory collapses, many of them children, have few options. How can such tragedies propel better working conditions? What progress can be seen in getting accountability from employers and governments on both ends of the supply chain? What role can U.S. and global advocates play?
- Steven Greenhouse, former New York Times labor journalist
- Judy Gearhart, Executive Director, International Labor Rights Forum
- Jeff Hermanson, Director of Global Strategies, Workers United-SEIU
- Sarah Labowitz, Co-Director, Center for Business & Human Rights, NYU Stern School
- Atish Saha, Bangladeshi photojournalist, prize winning series “The Ghosts of Rana Plaza”
Click here to RSVP via Eventbrite.