- Bitter reversal: Myanmar military coup wipes out press freedom gains
- Murders of journalists more than double worldwide
- Record number of journalists jailed worldwide
- Getting Away with Murder
- Covering police violence protests in the US
- Amid COVID-19, the prognosis for press freedom is dim. Here are 10 symptoms to track
- The Trump Administration and the Media
- About: The Trump Administration and the Media
- Trust deficit: About This Report
Reporter Without Borders
- Eritrea – 20 years of dictatorship, two decades with no independent media
- Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya visits RSF: "Belarusian journalists need EU funding"
- RSF and 44-NGO coalition urge Chinese President Xi Jinping to release Covid-19 reporter on hunger strike
- Journalist released in eastern Libya, but not yet really free
- Two more journalists arrested in Myanmar’s continuing crackdown
- More than 100 Afghan journalists appeal for help through RSF
- RSF expects progress on rules for the digital space at the Summit for Information and Democracy
- Survey analyses tweets attacking Brazil’s media
Colombia May 26 , 2005
H.E. Alvaro Uribe
Palacio de Narino
Despacho del Senor Presidente
Cra 8 #7-26
Bogotá , D.C.
Republic of Colombia
Fax: (011.57.1)) 286-7434
The Overseas Press Club of America (OPC) writes to thank you for your quick condemnation of the recent threats against three prominent journalists.
In complimenting you on your timely statement regarding the threats against Hollman Morris, Daniel Coronell and Carlos Lozano, we join our colleagues in several concerned NGOs, including Human Rights Watch. However, we note that as far as we are aware, the perpetrators of the threats have not yet been brought to justice.
We ask Your Excellency to keep us informed of the progress of the investigation you promised on 17 May — as we believe the public arrest and prosecution of the instigators of the threats would show Your Excellency’s commitment to freedom of the press in all areas of your country.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
Robert E. Sullivan
Freedom of the Press Committee
Luis Alberto Moreno Mejia
Ambassador of Colombia to the U.S.A.
Embassy of the Republic of Colombia
2118 Leroy Place, NW
Washington , DC 20008
Fax: (202) 232-8643
Ambassador Luis Guillermo Giraldo
Permanent Mission of the Republic of Colombia to the United Nations
140 West 57 Street, 5 th Floor
New York , NY 10022
Fax: (212) 371-2813
U.S. Ambassador to Colombia
Embassy of the United States of America
Carrera 45 #22D-45
Bogota , D.C.
Fax: (011.57.1) 315-2197
Julio César Guzmán
Luis Carlos Gómez
Martinez Ana Mercedes Gomez
Fernando Quijano Velasco