- Journalist Casimir Kpedjo detained, facing false news accusations in Benin
- Trial of detained Nicaraguan journalists Lucía Pineda and Miguel Mora indefinitely delayed
- Editor-in-chief of Mexican newspaper Reforma targeted by death threats following criticism from president
- Peruvian judge orders assets freeze for Ojo Público, 2 journalists in defamation case
- Israeli forces injure four Palestinian journalists covering Gaza protests
- Two journalists arrested covering yellow vest protests in France
- Jordanian journalist Abdulrahman Farhana detained by Saudi authorities
- Myanmar military sues The Irrawaddy for criminal defamation over conflict coverage
Reporter Without Borders
- Media Ownership Monitor: Pakistan a high-risk country in terms of media pluralism
- Russian authorities persecute Ingush news website
- Hong Kong: Journalists association deplores “one of the worst years” of press freedom
- LIBYA : eleven TV channels banned in eastern Libya
- Press freedom violations recounted in real time January 2019
- Burkina Faso: legislative threat to press freedom must be declared unconstitutional
- Erol Önderoğlu acquitted at one trial, but another due soon
- Media independence under threat in Burundi after BBC pull-out
Colombia May 26 , 2005
H.E. Alvaro Uribe
Palacio de Narino
Despacho del Senor Presidente
Cra 8 #7-26
Bogotá , D.C.
Republic of Colombia
Fax: (011.57.1)) 286-7434
The Overseas Press Club of America (OPC) writes to thank you for your quick condemnation of the recent threats against three prominent journalists.
In complimenting you on your timely statement regarding the threats against Hollman Morris, Daniel Coronell and Carlos Lozano, we join our colleagues in several concerned NGOs, including Human Rights Watch. However, we note that as far as we are aware, the perpetrators of the threats have not yet been brought to justice.
We ask Your Excellency to keep us informed of the progress of the investigation you promised on 17 May — as we believe the public arrest and prosecution of the instigators of the threats would show Your Excellency’s commitment to freedom of the press in all areas of your country.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
Robert E. Sullivan
Freedom of the Press Committee
Luis Alberto Moreno Mejia
Ambassador of Colombia to the U.S.A.
Embassy of the Republic of Colombia
2118 Leroy Place, NW
Washington , DC 20008
Fax: (202) 232-8643
Ambassador Luis Guillermo Giraldo
Permanent Mission of the Republic of Colombia to the United Nations
140 West 57 Street, 5 th Floor
New York , NY 10022
Fax: (212) 371-2813
U.S. Ambassador to Colombia
Embassy of the United States of America
Carrera 45 #22D-45
Bogota , D.C.
Fax: (011.57.1) 315-2197
Julio César Guzmán
Luis Carlos Gómez
Martinez Ana Mercedes Gomez
Fernando Quijano Velasco