- Egyptian security forces arrest son of al-Mashhad editor Magdi Shandi
- Spanish reporter Ferran Barber detained for weeks without charge, deported from Iraqi Kurdistan
- Nicaraguan customs authorities target 2 newspapers with ink, paper seizures
- Journalist detained in Iraqi Kurdistan without charge since August 21
- CPJ Insider: September 2019 edition
- Infographic: 10 Most Censored Countries
- Video: 10 Most Censored Countries
- 10 Most Censored Countries
- Eritrea, North Korea, Turkmenistan top CPJ’s 10 most censored list
Reporter Without Borders
- Time for major press freedom reforms in DRC
- Turkey: Ahmet Altan and Nazlı Ilıcak still in jail as retrial commences on new bogus terrorism charges
- RSF asks President Radev to defuse Bulgaria’s press freedom “crisis”
- Facebook’s Oversight Board is Not Enough
- Well-known TV host’s death in Iraqi Kurdistan – murder or suicide?
- Iran abducts Paris-based Iranian opposition news provider
- Moroccan journalist Hajar Raissouni free at last
- Wave of raids on critical journalists in Russia
Colombia May 26 , 2005
H.E. Alvaro Uribe
Palacio de Narino
Despacho del Senor Presidente
Cra 8 #7-26
Bogotá , D.C.
Republic of Colombia
Fax: (011.57.1)) 286-7434
The Overseas Press Club of America (OPC) writes to thank you for your quick condemnation of the recent threats against three prominent journalists.
In complimenting you on your timely statement regarding the threats against Hollman Morris, Daniel Coronell and Carlos Lozano, we join our colleagues in several concerned NGOs, including Human Rights Watch. However, we note that as far as we are aware, the perpetrators of the threats have not yet been brought to justice.
We ask Your Excellency to keep us informed of the progress of the investigation you promised on 17 May — as we believe the public arrest and prosecution of the instigators of the threats would show Your Excellency’s commitment to freedom of the press in all areas of your country.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
Robert E. Sullivan
Freedom of the Press Committee
Luis Alberto Moreno Mejia
Ambassador of Colombia to the U.S.A.
Embassy of the Republic of Colombia
2118 Leroy Place, NW
Washington , DC 20008
Fax: (202) 232-8643
Ambassador Luis Guillermo Giraldo
Permanent Mission of the Republic of Colombia to the United Nations
140 West 57 Street, 5 th Floor
New York , NY 10022
Fax: (212) 371-2813
U.S. Ambassador to Colombia
Embassy of the United States of America
Carrera 45 #22D-45
Bogota , D.C.
Fax: (011.57.1) 315-2197
Julio César Guzmán
Luis Carlos Gómez
Martinez Ana Mercedes Gomez
Fernando Quijano Velasco