- Murders of journalists more than double worldwide
- Record number of journalists jailed worldwide
- Getting Away with Murder
- Covering police violence protests in the US
- Amid COVID-19, the prognosis for press freedom is dim. Here are 10 symptoms to track
- The Trump Administration and the Media
- About: The Trump Administration and the Media
- Trust deficit: About This Report
- Trust deficit: Guatemala’s new president must overcome skepticism to improve press freedom
Reporter Without Borders
- Guinea : RSF and AIPS call for release of two imprisoned journalists
- Russian peacekeepers deny foreign reporters access to Nagorno-Karabakh
- Stop funding Myanmar’s generals, RSF tells 10 multinationals
- RSF laureates support jailed Vietnamese journalist Pham Doan Trang
- Iran: Press freedom violations recounted in real time January 2020
- RSF decries arbitrary blocking of two CAR news websites
- Open judicial season on Moroccan journalists
- Harsh new crackdown on journalists in Belarus
Free Members of Press Club Belarus!
The detentions of Yulia Slutskaya, founder and president of Press Club Belarus, Sergei Olshevsky, the club’s director, Alla Sharko, club program director, Sergei Yakupov, Media Academy program director for the club, and Pyotr Slutsky, cameraperson, are new examples of the war that was launched by the regime of Alexander Lukashenko on freedom of speech and independent journalism in Belarus. In addition, Press Club Belarus’ headquarters and homes of some of the club’s managers were searched.
Club members of the International Association of Press Clubs (IAPC) and European Press Clubs Federation (EPCF) demand the immediate release of those detained and an end to repression of journalists in Belarus.
Since the fraudulent presidential elections in August and the start of mass protests, 385 journalists have been detained in Belarus just for doing their jobs, and some of them are still imprisoned.
We convey to all repressed Belarusian journalists our utmost respect for their attitude, solidarity and support. Journalists around the world are requested to monitor the situation and keep the public informed.
International Association of Press Clubs
European Press Clubs Federation
Club de la presse Hauts-de-France
Concordia Presseclub (Austria)
Foreign Correspondents’ Club of South Asia
Geneva Press Club
Jerusalem Press Club
London Press Club
National Press Club of Australia
National Press Club of Mongolia
Overseas Press Club of America
Polish Club of International Columnists
Press Club Brussels Europe
Press Club de France
Press Club Polska