- Bitter reversal: Myanmar military coup wipes out press freedom gains
- Murders of journalists more than double worldwide
- Record number of journalists jailed worldwide
- Getting Away with Murder
- Covering police violence protests in the US
- Amid COVID-19, the prognosis for press freedom is dim. Here are 10 symptoms to track
- The Trump Administration and the Media
- About: The Trump Administration and the Media
- Trust deficit: About This Report
Reporter Without Borders
- UK: Blogger Craig Murray jailed for eight months over “jigsaw identification”
- How dare China, the worlds’ number one propagandist, accuse the BBC of broadcasting “fake news"?
- RSF hails former Malian intelligence chief’s arrest over reporter’s disappearance
- Landmark public inquiry report finds Maltese state must “shoulder responsibility” for the assassination of Daphne Caruana Galizia
- Ugly Twins: a novel type of attacks on local independent media in Serbia
- RSF launches a resource platform on journalism safety
- Reporters attacked while covering Covid pass protests in four EU countries
- RSF calls for the release of a Sudanese journalist jailed in Saudi Arabia
Free Members of Press Club Belarus!
The detentions of Yulia Slutskaya, founder and president of Press Club Belarus, Sergei Olshevsky, the club’s director, Alla Sharko, club program director, Sergei Yakupov, Media Academy program director for the club, and Pyotr Slutsky, cameraperson, are new examples of the war that was launched by the regime of Alexander Lukashenko on freedom of speech and independent journalism in Belarus. In addition, Press Club Belarus’ headquarters and homes of some of the club’s managers were searched.
Club members of the International Association of Press Clubs (IAPC) and European Press Clubs Federation (EPCF) demand the immediate release of those detained and an end to repression of journalists in Belarus.
Since the fraudulent presidential elections in August and the start of mass protests, 385 journalists have been detained in Belarus just for doing their jobs, and some of them are still imprisoned.
We convey to all repressed Belarusian journalists our utmost respect for their attitude, solidarity and support. Journalists around the world are requested to monitor the situation and keep the public informed.
International Association of Press Clubs
European Press Clubs Federation
Club de la presse Hauts-de-France
Concordia Presseclub (Austria)
Foreign Correspondents’ Club of South Asia
Geneva Press Club
Jerusalem Press Club
London Press Club
National Press Club of Australia
National Press Club of Mongolia
Overseas Press Club of America
Polish Club of International Columnists
Press Club Brussels Europe
Press Club de France
Press Club Polska