- Journalist Casimir Kpedjo detained, facing false news accusations in Benin
- Trial of detained Nicaraguan journalists Lucía Pineda and Miguel Mora indefinitely delayed
- Editor-in-chief of Mexican newspaper Reforma targeted by death threats following criticism from president
- Peruvian judge orders assets freeze for Ojo Público, 2 journalists in defamation case
- Israeli forces injure four Palestinian journalists covering Gaza protests
- Two journalists arrested covering yellow vest protests in France
- Jordanian journalist Abdulrahman Farhana detained by Saudi authorities
- Myanmar military sues The Irrawaddy for criminal defamation over conflict coverage
Reporter Without Borders
- Israel: Palestinian journalist sentenced, five others pending trial
- Another journalist murdered in Mexico, sixth in 2019
- Liberian reporter arrested at football official’s behest
- Journalists must be respected during Moldova’s political crisis
- Trinidad and Tobago – Parliament considers restrictive amendments to the Freedom of Information Act
- UK Home Secretary gives green light to extradite Julian Assange to the US
- Kenyan media group trolled by pro-ruling party activists
- Hong Kong: Police must stop attacking journalists
OPC Calls for Tanzania to Release CPJ Workers
NEW YORK, November 7, 2018—The Overseas Press Club of America calls on Tanzanian authorities to immediately release Angela Quintal and Muthoki Mumo and return their passports. The pair are representatives of the Committee to Protect Journalists working on a reporting mission in Tanzania, according to the CPJ. Quintal is the Africa program coordinator and Mumo is CPJ’s sub-Saharan Africa representative.
You can read a statement from the Committee to Protect Journalists here.
The Overseas Press Club is an international association of journalists based in New York City that works to encourage the highest standards in journalism, to educate the next generation of foreign correspondents and to promote international press freedom and the well-being of colleagues in the field.