- Murders of journalists more than double worldwide
- Record number of journalists jailed worldwide
- Getting Away with Murder
- Covering police violence protests in the US
- Amid COVID-19, the prognosis for press freedom is dim. Here are 10 symptoms to track
- The Trump Administration and the Media
- About: The Trump Administration and the Media
- Trust deficit: About This Report
- Trust deficit: Guatemala’s new president must overcome skepticism to improve press freedom
Reporter Without Borders
- Campaign to intimidate leading Russian investigative reporter
- RSF urges Swedish judicial authorities to reverse Dawit Isaak decision
- Hong Kong: Daily newspaper The Epoch Times ransacked again
- RSF asks French police to protect Breton reporter, investigate threat to her life
- Guinea : RSF and AIPS call for release of two imprisoned journalists
- Russian peacekeepers deny foreign reporters access to Nagorno-Karabakh
- Stop funding Myanmar’s generals, RSF tells 10 multinationals
- RSF laureates support jailed Vietnamese journalist Pham Doan Trang
OPC Condemns Mistreatment of Journalists in Ferguson, Missouri
The Overseas Press Club of America most strenuously protests the treatment of journalists at the hands of local law enforcement in Ferguson, Missouri.
Throughout its history, the OPC has mostly sought to safeguard reporters on hazardous assignments outside the United States. It is therefore with both shame and outrage that we condemn the police actions in Ferguson that have put not only American reporters at risk in their own country but also have endangered journalists from other nations who have come to cover the story.
The Overseas Press Club of America demands that restrictions on reporting in Ferguson be removed immediately and unconditionally.
The U.S. has been at the forefront of protecting press freedoms around the world. It is disgraceful for the same freedoms to be so blatantly shoved aside on our own soil.
Very truly yours,
Howard Chua-Eoan, Chairman Freedom of the Press Committee
Michael S. Serrill, President Overseas Press Club of America